Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Stellastarr*


Yes, I'm still alive.

So, Andrew made it back from Hotlanta and gathered up a couple of people to see Stellastarr*. ("My Coco" is a good one.)

Before the show, we went to Artichoke and got some pizza. I bet you can't guess what kind of pizza they are known for...Artichoke, yes! We waited in line for about 30 minutes, it was kinda ridiculous, but once I had my slice, I was okay with the wait. After Artichoke, we jumped in a cab and went over to Off the Wagon to meet more people. Claire, a friend from UT was there. It was nice to see her again.

We skipped the opening bands - The Postmarks and another group. I forgot the name of the venue but it was the perfect size. The acoustics were good and we were able to get pretty close to the stage which was nice. They played a good set and we all had a good time.

Oh, and it turns out that a woman I work with is good friends with the band. Apparently they have Friday night ritual and frequent a bar near my place in the village. I definitely plan to crash the party before I head back to Texas.

Lesson Learned
  • Go to more concerts.
dw

No comments:

Post a Comment