Saturday, July 18, 2009

Reunited And It Feels So Good


My family came to NYC to visit me. Aren't they precious?

They were here for 4.5 days and did just about everything tourist do in the city. We started off by going on a few bus tours and we went ALL over God's creation: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Harlem - you name it, we drove past it. Surprisingly, I learned a lot from the tour guide. For instance, Central Park is completely man made - all of the plants were placed there and the lakes can be drained with the flip of a switch. I think one of the lakes was already there, though.

I think it is important to note that the weather was absolutely beautiful for the duration of their trip. In June, it rained something like 23/30 days. While they were here: nothing but clear skies.

We went to the Apollo Theater in Harlem and saw the memorial wall for Michael Jackson. It was an amazing sight to see. We went down to Chinatown, too. My mom and sister haggled with the vendors as though they were natives and walked away with some nice stuff.

While I was at work, they went to the Museum of Natural History and Central Park. DeMarcus, my brother, was adamant about going to the museum. Christina, my sister, couldn't have cared less. They had a good time, though.

Our final dinner together was spent at P.J. Clarke's on the Hudson. The food was delicious and it was great to sit down with everyone and relive the experiences of the past few days. I'm
glad they made the trip up here. It's always nice to see familiar faces. :)

Lessons Learned:
  • I need to explore more of the city
  • Family in town = free food (and everything else)
dw

2 comments:

  1. Correction: We were there for 5.5 days. Friday- Wednesday. just so you know i look forward to these.. especially that one :)

    -- Your Favorite Sister--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, you were here for about 5 days.

    ReplyDelete