Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Week in Review

Ok, so I haven't been around lately - my apologies. I'm still discovering my voice and the direction in which to take this soon-to-be masterpiece.

I'm definitely enjoying my job and am working on some pretty cool projects. eBay (client) launched a three day campaign in the form of a game show titled "Let's Make a Daily Deal, a nod to "Lets Make a Deal" - a popular game show from the 1960s. The game show started on Monday and ended on Wednesday with Mario Cantone from Sex and the City as the host and a guest appearance from Monty Hall on Tuesday.

Prior to Wednesday, I was conducting some social media monitoring and writing reports to track the online conversation around the event and the Daily Deals program. On Wednesday, my supervisors let me out of my cage and into the streets where I conducted interviews with contestants as they eagerly waited to enter Times Square Studio, which was decked out eBay style. Good times.

***

I purchased a camera today. Apparently, I left my other one back in Austin. Anyway, I'll start taking some fotografias to go along with my posts.

Today, while I was walking to Best Buy, I heard music playing and noticed a large crowd of people huddled a man sitting on the sidewalk. The man was sitting on a bucket and had an assortment of pots, pans and other cooking utensils scattered around him. The song he created was pretty catchy and the crowd was really into it. The little kids started dancing as the onlookers opened their wallets as though it were collection time at church. NYC is such a cool place. It was nice to get out for a bit and not need a canoe to navigate the streets. It has rained almost everyday since I've been here.

dw

No comments:

Post a Comment